Rika Lostarakou is a Greek lawyer in Athens with over 20 years of professional experience in data protection and IT law. She began her career with U.S. law firms in Washington D.C and later transferred her practice to Athens, Greece. In 1999, she joined the Hellenic Data Protection Authority and was for many years the coordinator of the enforcement in the private sector. From 2011, Rika has been working as an independent expert appointed by the European Commission for the ethical evaluation of hundreds of EU funded research proposals. During this valuable work experience, she developed interest in cutting-edge technologies and their application in the industry, while being a member in the advisory boards of many EU research consortia. In 2018 she decided to take on a new challenge by setting up with other experts an expertise team in Athens. Since then, she has participated in many GDPR compliance projects and has provided legal consultation on GDPR to banking and financial institutions, hotels, direct marketing and startup companies.
- LLM, The George Washington University Law School, Washington DC, USA.
- LLB, Aristoteleio University School of Law, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Member of the Hellenic Scientific Council for the Information Society (HSCIS) and the Hellenic Association of Data Protection & Privacy (HADPP)
Tania Kyriakou is a lawyer with over 20 years of professional experience, specializing in data protection, cultural heritage and European law. Tania was a law lecturer in the University of Warwick (2002-2006), a legal auditor for the Hellenic Data protection Authority (2009-2012) and a law teacher at the on-line LLM programmes of the University of Liverpool (2010-2016). Tania is currently a data protection consultant of numerous high profile companies lawyer, as well as of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports. Additionally she teaches public law and policy at the Hellenic Open University. During the last three years Tania has participated in and successfully completed over 30 GDPR compliance projects. Her clients were leading companies, both of the private and the public sector, which mainly are active in the fields of media, hotels, hospitality, health, marketing, accounting, transports and construction.
- LLB, University of Athens (1995)
- LLM, University of Edinburgh (1998)
- PhD, University of Edinburgh (2005)
- Founding member of the Hellenic Association of Data Protection and Privacy
- Member of the National Committee for the Implementation of the UNESCO Convention for the safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- Member of several law-making committees of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports.
Information Security and Computer Crime Expert (MSc)